Warren County Courthouse

Warren County CourthouseThe Warren County Courthouse was designed by architect M.D. Beebe and completed in 1877 at a cost of $25,000.  The building, located at the intersection of East and Silver streets in the county seat of Lebanon, is still in use today as the county administrative building. 

This old brick courthouse, which sits in the Lebanon business district, has been remodeled so many times that little of the original design remains visible. The most recent renovation, in 1998, involved making space for various county offices.  The county’s courts are housed elsewhere in the current Warren County Courthouse, built in 1980, which is located at 500 Justice Drive in Lebanon.

Warren County is named after Joseph Warren, who was a physician from Boston and fought in the American Revolution.  Warren was a major general in the Revolutionary army and died in the Battle of Bunker Hill on June 17, 1775.

(Click on the picture to view a larger image.)